A synagogue in the Moorish style was built at the beginning of the 19th century at Masarykova Street No. 111 north of Jan Žižka z Trocnova Square in Čáslav. It was completed in 1899 according to plans drawn up by architect Wilhelm Stiassny.
The synagogue in Čáslav is the last building of its kind that has retained its original architectural character and is owned by the Jewish Community in Prague. Most of the former synagogue buildings in the region have already been demolished, irretrievably rebuilt, or are owned by entities outside the reach of Jewish organizations. The Kutná Hora region still lacks a central memorial of the history and traditions of the Jewish community.
It is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic.