Wine shop no. 47
The wine shop is located in a beautiful neoclassical house, standing right in the Kouřim square. It was built in 1890 for the then owner Jan Vesely on the site of the older house and the adjacent alley, the so-called “soutka”. The author of the project - the builder Josef Fiala from Poděbrady - participated shortly afterwards in the building of the local monument to King George and the rebuilding of the Church of St. Cross.
The house faces the square with a splendid, richly articulated façade, while the vaulted pavilion, supported by cylindrical columns, oversees the courtyard. The interior spaces are also artistically valuable. The entrance vestibule is decorated with a stucco cornice and pilasters, on the walls there are relief allegories of the four seasons in four oval cartouches. The decoration continues on the staircase to the first floor, where a sculpture of the ancient god of wine, Dionysus, is mounted in a decorative niche.
You can find the wine shop in the centre of Kouřim directly at Mírové náměstí 47.
For more information, visit the wine shop’s Facebook profile .