Suites no. 9
On the square and very close to St. Stephen’s Church and the bell tower with its inverted bells is one of the most historically valuable houses in the town. It was founded in the middle of the 13th century, and since the Middle Ages it has been one of the "best places" in Kouřim thanks to its location. In the late Gothic reconstruction around 1500 the house acquired its present wide layout, facing the square with a pair of façades. The magnificent style of the former burgher dwelling is evidenced by a late Gothic window with carved jambs and original red polychromy, which has been preserved on the southern façade facing the church.
In the 16th and 17th centuries, this house was owned by the important Kouřim family of Větčíns, and at the end of the 18th century it was acquired by the Wisingers. Under their ownership, the house was rebuilt in 1804 in a classical style, removing the original gables facing the square and creating a courtyard gallery with metal railings facing the patio.
The historic character of the house has been largely eradicated by modern modifications from the second half of the 20th century. It is only now that the Waschinger family is restoring the landmark building to its forgotten charm of centuries past.
Suites no. 9 can be found in Kouřim at Mírové náměstí 9.
For reservations and detailed information, please visit the website of Apartments No. 9..
And try the virtual tour of the apartments.